There is a new Predator movie ahead of us! Indeed, Producer Robert Rodriguez found enough support to launch the production of Predators, which would derive from an ealier script he wrote. Director Nimrod Antal has been hired to helm the project. And the cast has been announced a few days ago: Adrien Brody, Danny Trejo, Oleg Taktarov, Aice Braga, Walton Goggins, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Louiz Ozawa, and Topher Grace.
"The film Predators would revolve around a group of humans abducted and brought to the Predators' home planet just to be thrown into a kind of gladiatorial game"
The movie would be a direct sequel to the original, possibly ignoring Predator 2, Alien vs. Predator, and Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. So it's a kind of reboot. Robert Rodriguez is damn confident that he can bring the Predator franchise to its heyday:
Here's a break down of the movie cast of Predators:
- Royce (Adrien Brody): main character, a Steve McQueen-type
- Cuchillo (Danny Trejo): a Mexican enforcer from a drug cartel who has twin uzi strapped to his back
- Nikolai (Oleg Taktarov): a frightening, Russian bear-of-a-man, armed with a four barrel, gas powered, rotary machine gun
- Isabelle (Alice Braga): a tough-as-nails woman armed with a sniper rifle and speaks French
- Stans (Walton Goggins): A prisoner with a shaved head, a scorpion tattoo on his neck and armed with a prison-made knife
- Mombassa (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali): An African member of the Sierra Leon death squad who's not afraid to die
- Hanso (Louiz Ozawa): a bad-ass Japanese Yakuza enforcer
- Edwin (Topher Grace): a small unassuming man who is formerly one of FBI's most wanted
I'm suprised to see Adrien Brody as the lead character in the movie Predators: he's a good actor, but not as manly as Schwarzenegger... Nonetheless, I'm confident that Brody and the rest of the cast will deliver a great sci-fi movie eventually.
The release date of Predators is tentatively set for July 7, 2010. But they haven't started to film yet...